1. Netizens discussed a video shot in Daegu, showing a teenager picking up a watermelon and kicking it like a football.
2. Korean Air vice-president Jo Hyeon-ah went to Hawaii to give birth so that her kids would have US citizenship. Following vociferous comments about her on the internet, she is seeking to have police arrest three netizens for criminal insult.
3. After being accused of kidnapping and robbing a female college student in Suncheon, a 24-year old man committed suicide and left behind a note proclaiming his innocence.
4. A Korean-American woman was convicted of adultery, which she didn’t realize was a crime in South Korea, after giving birth to two children by a Korean man who promised her he was getting divorced.
5. A look at the dowry issues that come up when families want their daughters to marry a “사” (의사, 판사, 검사, 변호사…).
6. A bunch of idiots were arrested in Busan for racing their Bentleys, Audis, and Lamborghinis at speeds up to 320 kilometers per hour, way over the limit.
7. Amid increasing controversy over investigations of the assets of former dictator Chun Doo-hwan, who claims to be nearly penniless, it’s been found that hi wife has been granted special membership in golf club owned by the Kumho Asian Group. Membership normally costs 330 million won.
8. A female college student was fined three million won after being found guilty of negligent injury for striking a male student in the groin during a self-defense class, rupturing his left testicle. The judge took into consideration that the male student had also been negligent.
9. A wild boar got into a bloody fight with a jindo dog in Dongducheon.
10. After seven years and over 200,000 tips and leads, police continue to investigate the disappearance of a college student in 2006.
Write a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.