1. Authorities are investigating multi-campus universities that allow some students to begin at provincial campuses and then receive degrees from the more prestigious Seoul campus.
2. The recruitment rate for new students at KAIST has fallen below 90% for three consecutive years.
3. Residents of a high-rise apartment building are upset that the building is difficult to keep heated due to the windows being poorly insulated.
4. Some doctors were arrested on charges of selling Zolpidem as a date-rape drug.
5. After a single mother’s three children were found to be severely malnourished, one reporter looked at the life circumstances that left them in such poverty.
6. A look at a night spent in a casino.
7. A man has been arrested for convincing a woman who needed money that he could “sponsor” her with several tens of millions of won if she had sex with him. Torn, she decided to do it, but afterwards he disappeared without paying her.
8. The Ministry of Education revoked the credentials of over 130 graduates of a medical school found not to have had the required amount of training.
9. A photo of a seagull plucking a french fry from a woman’s mouth at Haeundae Beach.
10. For the first time, the valedictorian at Seoul National University has a perfect 4.3 GPA.
In South Korea on the 31st of January, Burmese democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi visited the memorial for the victims of the Gwangju Massacre.
- Accidents, Crimes and Scandals 841
- Announcements 54
- Economy and Worklife 158
- Education and ESL 515
- Entertainment 194
- Fashion 19
- Foreigners 537
- Health and Environment 172
- Humor 98
- Interviews 23
- Japan 59
- Korean Wave 15
- Legal news 249
- LGBT Korea 39
- Miscellaneous 79
- Netizen comments 34
- Nightlife 11
- North Korea 203
- Photos 837
- Politics 200
- Society 167
- Sports 218
- Stories of the Day/Week/Year 254
- Surveys and Studies 132
- Transportation and Urban Design 95
- Women in Korea 129